7/16/2014

OFF
or
Active Recovery - 30 minute row, bike, jog + 30 minutes of mobility


Note to Followers:
I've been following the CrossFit Milford Competition Gymnastics Program written by Dave Durante - it's setup for 3x per week - Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.  The workouts take anywhere from 30-60 minutes as the focus is quality.  I've been doing it for 4 weeks and although a large time commitment my UB pressing gymnastics strength has improved drastically.  If anyone is interested in adding this in let me know and I'll add to the blog.  Also, only 4 out of 20 slots are taken for the athletes camp.  Don't be cheap - investing in yourself is never something that should be taken lightly.  You guys buy new gears and shoes, save some money and learn some new techniques from awesome coaches.

5 comments:

  1. I am definitely interested in the gymnastics program especially since my UB pressing needs a lot of work. Would this be in addition to the regular programming you have for us or would you incorporate bits of it into it? If it's the former, then would we be able to do the workout you have for us and then do the gymnastics work at a later time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please add this. I've always said my UB presses are my weakest lifts and disproportionate to my other lifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be have to do this gymnastics 3x a week after or before regular workouts or on rest days? This to be done at 4am or 930/ 10 pm?

    I'd love, love to be a part of this camp but tons of expenses this summer... No way to pay in the fall is there?

    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what "UB pressing gymnastics" are, exactly, but if it would help me with pull ups, T2Bs, HSPUs and/or MUs, I'm interested. We're doing a lot now and I'm doing Wed nights with Mikey, but I want as much as I can handle.

    As far as athlete's camp: I want to do it, and I'm working on it, but it's a tough sell on the boss at a tough time of year. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a chance to look at a few of the CFM gymnastics posts and I take back what I said. A lot of the movements are very technical and I don't want anyone getting injured trying to perform them without knowing how to and without someone with significant gymnastics training coach them.

    ReplyDelete