12/8/2014

Phase 3 - NOW TO THE OPEN

Hey guys -

So it's now buckle down time.  We have a few more months until the opens, and with all the format changes it's going to be harder than ever to qualify.  That being said we really need to buckle down.  I still truly believe we have a legitimate shot of qualifying a team even though it's only top 15 - that's how highly I think of our athletes at CFW.  If you no longer believe we have a chance of making it I'd suggest you go back to doing class workout and don't waste excess time with all the hard training that is to come because the people who still believe can do without the negativity.  I hate to be so blunt but that's how I feel.  We need a positive training environment like we've had to this point to continue to get us through this last push.  In the coming months I'd like to offer myself up as well as some of our expert coaches here to help fine tune your overall conditioning, movement efficiency, weightlifting technique, gymnastics movements, as well as nutritional needs.  We have everything needed on-site and although there are subject matter experts elsewhere in Westchester and New York, I promise you when it comes to practical application of how these areas of fitness pertain to CrossFit and competition in general no one is better than us - please utilize our staff as a resource.  I'm pretty much open to helping coach you guys any Saturday afternoon with specific things that anyone or everyone needs help on.  Just let me know and I'll do the best I can to make myself available.  The 8pm at night is not ideal for me because my mind is not fresh, and you'll get my half ass coaches eye.  In this next phase we will begin doing a lot more conditioning and "open" specific work.  If you have any questions please contact me directly.

12/8 - you should be just about 100% hit rate with all of these reps
A. Snatch:
5 reps @ 70%
5 reps @ 75%
5 reps @ 80%
+
4 rounds @ 85%
Row 500m
20 C2B Pull-Ups (scale volume if needed)
20 Box Jump Over 20"
20 HSPU
20 Push Press 75/55
rest 5 minutes



21 comments:

  1. Love it. Thanks Chris. Ill most likely be using the saturdays for gymnastics work.

    Also, is there an update on the custom fit meals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop! Very excited. What's the deal with custom fit meals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Craig & Kate -

    Waiting on a few others to commit but we should have you guys all setup for next weeks order. I'll keep you guys posted. Also, I'm more than happy to help with any sort of Gymnastics movement I can. I don't have the practical expertise Kate has but I have some pretty standard knowledge and how to apply them towards efficiency during WODs. Let me know what in particular you'd like to focus on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. A. 100, 110, 120 (made some drops @120)
    B. 6:36, 6:12, 6:02, 6:05. (Chest to bar was the hardest for me)

    Did some rowing sprints in the morning also.
    Feeling positive and excited about the road ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 125,135,140. First day snatching. Dumbed down the weight to hit all

    5:44, 7:46, 7:46, 6:06

    ReplyDelete
  6. A- oly class working doubles at 80% (95lbs). Made 12 of 14.
    B- 6:06, 6:46, 7:43, 7:01. Row was a bit too slow and transitions could have been quicker between movements.

    Feeling a bit under the weather but felt really good to sweat it out with a tough wod.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A: 155, 165, 175 - missed last 3 at 175
    B: 6:53, 7:11, 7:20, 7:20

    HSPU felt much better. Lost my butterfly C2B. Doing some extra stuff soon to get them back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A. 75, 85, 90
    -no misses, these felt great
    B. 10:06, 9:15, 12:45
    -I was in a lot of shoulder pain doing all three sets which is why I did not do the fourth set and why the times are so slow. The HSPU and push press is where I felt the most pain. I've decided it's time to stop ignoring this and get it checked out. In all of my years of being an athlete I've been very lucky and have never really been injured; so I am having a really tough time with this. Any suggestions of someone to see are welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the person I saw for my elbow- Dr. Sergai Delamora. His office is in the city but he also has one in Scarsdale. He knows a lot about CF and isn't just an "advil, ice and rest" type doctor.

      Delete
  9. What movements cause pain? How long has it been going on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. s2o, push ups, HSPU, ring dips. Pretty much anything pushing or pressing. It's been a nagging pain for about two months, but has recently felt worse.

      Delete
  10. A: 150,160,170. B:5:05, 5:48, 5:53, 6:28 last set I had the biggest headache an almost puke

    ReplyDelete
  11. A) Snatches at 135, 140, 150.
    B)
    Round 1 - 5:59
    Round 2 - 6:03
    Round 3 - 6:34
    Round 4 - 6:18

    ReplyDelete
  12. A) 150, 160, 170
    B) 5:44, 6:22, 6:34, 6:09

    ReplyDelete
  13. 95, 100, 110
    All about 10min. Chest to bar and hspu at not my strongest movements

    ReplyDelete